I am God's idea; you are God's idea ....for such a time as this. All who you are and all who you will be has a purpose.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

no vacancy

Boundaries are healthy.  Boundaries are necessary.  Boundaries are no good unless you enforce them.

Once upon a time there was this girl.  She wasn’t liked by a certain few and their mission in life seemed to be to make her life miserable.  What a sad state of purpose for someone’s day.  They said cruel things behind her back.  They said cruel things to her face.  They purposefully thought of ways to make her day hard.  Words hurt more than sticks and stones.  She took a lot of verbal abuse. 

One of my all time favorite movies is Pretty Woman.  I could probably recite a great deal of the movie if I really wanted to.  It’s the ultimate story of girl gets rescued by a boy and her life is truly changed.  Why I like it so much is that the underdog wins.

One of my favorite scenes in the movie is when Richard Gere is telling Julia Roberts that she is very bright and very special. She is says, “People put you down enough, you start to believe it. The bad stuff is easier to believe. You ever notice that?” 

Satan is the perfect liar.  He’s determined to convince you to believe the “bad” stuff about you.  If you listen long enough and entertain him, you’ll start to believe it. 

Healthy boundaries are life changing.

The girl in my story got some very sound advice and someone asked her why she rented space in her brain to those mean girls.  That is pure wisdom right there!

Don’t give in!  

Satan is out to kill, steal and destroy.  Don’t rent any space to him.  Don’t even entertain the thoughts he throws at you and dwell on them.  Go to the Word, see what God says about you and remind Satan what your creator said about you. 

God designed you, He knows the real you.  See what He sees in His love letter to you.
If you don’t know your value, you’ll believe anything.

Remind yourself that you were His idea……..

7 comments:

  1. Incredible post! I am believing by faith that boundaries are no good unless they are enforced. I set a boundary with someone I deeply love and they have taken it out of context to the point of ending our relationship. The people pleasing me would have dropped the boundary immediately with that type of manipulation, but the new, confident me is trusting God that noone controls me but GOD. If a behavior is unacceptable and ungodly, then I know that the boundary IS acceptable AND godly. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Looking forward to meeting you at the Legacy Conference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement Carollee. Setting boundaries with loved ones is the hardest but you hit the nail on the head. Manipulation will overtake you if you don't rely on God for direction and stand firm! Great advice on knowing which boundaries are acceptable!

      Delete
  2. I have such a wise sister. ;)
    ~Your Brother BPP

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome. the most helpful advice I ever got was when someone said to me, "why to you rent out the space in your head for free to those that are abusing your boundaries and you!!! They should have to pay extra!" Awesome advice!!! and something I pray about for myself and many others. If I gave God that space ALL the time can you imagine???? Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we gave God that space all the time, WOW, watch out world! Thanks for the support!

      Delete
  4. I helped impart some of that wisdom - Board of Education applied to the Seat of Learning!

    The Mama...

    ReplyDelete