I am God's idea; you are God's idea ....for such a time as this. All who you are and all who you will be has a purpose.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

my hero

Esther is my girl.  She got it.  I hope to master it in every area of my life.  It's good to have goals at least, right? If there is one thing, and one thing only, I want my life legacy to be it would be this:

To only desire what the King desires.

I don’t just want to talk about it.  I don’t just want to desire it.  I want to live that way.

This takes practice……

I have begun evaluating my most cherished prayer requests and consciously starting out with one phrase that changes the whole moment.  Esther said it well, “If I have found favor in the King’s eyes, and if it pleases the King to give me what I ask of him.”

I think I finally figured out that this kind of prayer always wins.  If God delights in my request He grants it to me.  If God has a better plan, I win by being spared circumstances that weren’t for my good. 

Our lives don’t belong to us if we have surrendered our heart to God.  True surrender shows by your requests.  Are they driven by selfish motives?  Mine sure have been.  True surrender shows by your reaction when God gives you the answer you might not like.  I’d like to say I’ve always reacted perfectly.  I’d be lying.  You’d quit following my blog.  (or at least you should)

Psalms 37:4 Says, “Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.”  God isn’t a genie.  You don’t rub a magic lamp, God pops out, you make a wish and it comes true.  Why do we treat this verse this way?  I believe a person truly delighting themselves in the Lord has the desires of their heart planted in them by God.  The last handful of years I have tried so hard to just focus on the first part of this verse. 

We were bought with a price.  Blood.  It can’t be undone.  It’s forever.  My desires sacrificed are so mild in comparison. 


♪♫♪ "Teach me to love like You.  Break my heart for what breaks Yours"  -Hosanna by Hillsong United ♪♫♪

Proverbs 3:5-10 (MSG)
Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
   don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
   He's the one who will keep you on track.
Don't assume that you know it all.
   Run to God! Run from evil!
Your body will glow with health,
   your very bones will vibrate with life!
Honor God with everything you own;
   give Him the first and the best.
Your barns will burst,
   your wine vats will brim over.

The above verse I know to be true.  No one could convince me otherwise.  I challenge you to experience the same.  It’s worth it. More than you can imagine.
Just ask Esther.  She went from an unknown orphan to a famous queen in history. 

No comments:

Post a Comment