So I was in a hurry. I paid way too much!!!! I had an honest motive but I was in a hurry. I wanted to bake a dessert for
homegroup and I was tired. I was
home from work at 5:45, dinner cleaned up by 6:30. I was searching through the cookbooks for ideas, list made
and off to the store. It was 7:30.
I just wanted to relax and usually baking is relaxing for
me…..normally. But, I was in a
hurry. I paid way too much for premade cookie dough. I had no coupon & it wasn't on sale. Let me truthfully
tell you all these ingredients I had at home. They were ready and waiting, they just needed to be combined
together in the proper order, a little time and I would arrive at the same result as that package of dough from
the store.
As I was unpacking the groceries, eager to get the dough
baking, the Lord speaks to me, "Convenience will cost you." Why did I do it……..pay that much? I used tiredness as an excuse. I really
did want to make a dessert for homegroup.
I was just going about it the lazy way. I would have had to clean up the kitchen again and I just
wanted the easiest path to arrive at the same promised destination. Convenience
will cost you. Did I end up with a
dessert? Yes. Could I have arrived
there with less of a price tag? Yes.
I even bought other products that trip on a whim, no
forethought. Items I could have
clipped a coupon for and didn't. Or waited till they went on sale. Why, too much time…… Did I have the
money, sure. I didn't bother to
simply wait AND the items cost me MORE!
I joke about cookie dough…….I don't joke about sin. Are you guilty of rushing the Lord's
plan for your life? He might have
cookie dough for you (i.e. job, spouse, home, dream) and you might rush it too
quickly. Will it cost you? Just ask King David. Did God bless him, sure. Did it cost him? Lots! Pray for wisdom, guidance and God's
timing most of all.
Nobody signs up for a commitment and says "Yes, I
can't wait for the really hard part where my patience and dedication are tested.
Oh, I can't wait to see how much I can endure." No we say, "Where is the short cut? Where is the convenience of the
microwave?" Or store bought cookie dough.
Oh, and I'd bet the quick, store bought, cookie dough
didn't taste as good as the homemade recipe would have. Enjoy God's recipe, it's worth waiting
for.

Yes: exactly there are most of my days where I do not use patience nor wisdom when it comes to God's recipe and I along with my wife need to trust God more for his provision. God Bless You Corrine for this blog that you have and these little updates that you thoughtfully post; and although I do not reply to each and every one of them; I do indeed take time and read them and want to say; that please be encouraged that you are a woman of Godly Wisdom and the Body of Christ could really benefit from your Godly Insight and Wisdom.
ReplyDeleteI know that this was answered on February 27,2012 but it still remains true
ReplyDelete