I am God's idea; you are God's idea ....for such a time as this. All who you are and all who you will be has a purpose.

Saturday, January 18, 2014

new life


 "One man died for everyone. That puts everyone in the same category. He included everyone in His death so that everyone could also be included in His life. Because of this decision that He made, we cannot evaluate people by what they have or how they look. Now we look inside, and what we see is that anyone united with the Messiah gets a fresh start, they are created new. All this comes from the God who settled the relationship between Him, and us and then called us to settle our relationships with each other. God has given us the task of telling everyone what He is doing. We are Christ’s representatives. God uses us to persuade men and women to drop their differences and to enter into God’s work of making things right between them. We’re speaking for Christ himself now: Become friends with God; he’s already a friend with you.”  ( 2 Cor 5:14-20 MSG)

Love changes everything. EVERYTHING! It changes our mind. It changes our actions. It changes our words…or at least it should.

God flat our humbled me this past year through a situation. It was a process He loving led me through to “test what was in my heart.” It is the reason for the wilderness. You see God intends this process to be a lonely time. You are driven (or should be) directly to His arms. It showed me how much grace I hadn’t been showing to others. Part of my problem was pride. Another part of my problem was that I was not willingly RECEIVING the grace God unconditionally wanted to give me daily. If you do not freely receive, you cannot freely give. This is crucial. Period.

DO YOU NEED TO GIVE OTHERS A FRESH START QUIZ?
Do you seek to be understood more than to understand?
Do you hold others to the same personal convictions God has asked of you?
Do you expect others to have the same personal freedom God has given you?
Are you sensitive to someone who may not have overcome the same battle you have?
If someone does “church” differently than you, do you feel they are “less” of a Christian than you?
Do you feel prideful because you don’t struggle with a “huge” sin like someone else may?

1 comment:

  1. I feel that if I am not struggling enough in the Christian Walk with Christ, then that means I would not have any dependence on God and His Grace, Forgiveness, and Him molding me and my Faith and Trust in Him. I want God to Direct My Daily Walk With Him. It reminds me of Thursday, January 16, 2014 at Evanston Avenue Baptist Church there was a Memorial Service for Gary Deruiter, Senior...anyway, Rebecca and I saw and talked to M. James Keck, and he asked Rebecca how I was treating her as her husband and I replied..I am treating her the best that I could, and that I am not perfect... James Keck then answered that if I were "Perfect" :) that I should write a book on it...so, other Christian Believers could find out the secret...."I humbly replied...that I could not write that book....because, that book was already written, and God is the Author of that book...called the Bible..so, the only one that is Truley Perfect is God.

    ReplyDelete