6.) Buy yourself presents. Because it's fun. Because you can.
I have a habit of doing this. I'm making up for lost time. I
don’t know why but I use to feel guilty for buying myself things. I would
always spend money on the house, husband, son etc. Very rarely did I buy myself
a present. Not clothes or something to use in the kitchen but just because I
wanted it. My scrapbook room proves otherwise now. It’s the first hobby that I’ve seriously had. Only I use it
in the house and do it simply because I enjoy it.
7.) Go on dates with God.
I've booked a date with God on my calendar many times. He's
the perfect match. He never stands you up. He keeps His word. His gifts you
never want to return. They are perfect. He is faithful. He's committed to you
for eternity.
8.) Help someone.
Help many.
News update: you aren't going through a circumstance or have
gone through something just for yourself. I was amazed how quickly God brought me women to
help go through the same situation I was going through. I started opening up
and sharing with people while I was going through my divorce and was amazed how
many women sought me out for help, advice, prayer and just input.
Satan tries to make you isolate yourself with depression. You
turn inward. When
you help others you aren’t focused on yourself. Serving others helps you heal.
It’s a beautiful thing all the way around. Try it.
9.) We are a family.
It took me a very long time to get this. Maybe it's not hard
for you. It was for me. I couldn't think of my son and I as a family. It
was broken. For the
longest time I had a scrapbook album to fill and the cover said “Family” on it.
I avoided using it because I didn’t feel like we were a family. It now contains
vacation pictures Bryce & I took with friends to beautiful South Carolina.
10.) It's not a
disease.
People will constantly try to set you up. They mean well.
Dating to fill up an evening or get a free meal isn't for me. My time is
valuable. Some may not understand being content single. You CAN go to an event alone. It’s okay.

No comments:
Post a Comment