The year is wrapping up here in a few days. This time of year I find myself doing a personal fruit inspection. If I don’t look thoroughly there may be mold growing in an area of my life and it will affect EVERYTHING. Mold always spreads.
My life: the talents, gifts, parenting, assignments, projects, time, money…..fill in the blank. How have I been using them? Is anything starting to smell? Produce mold.
Inspection.
It is a costly process. The time it takes to be thorough always pays off, always. LACK of inspection is an even more costly result. You end up not being able to use the area that was neglected. OUCH. Don’t bury your talent, gift, time and money….USE THEM for His purpose He has asked you to do. If you don’t know the answer to that question, take the time to ask. LISTEN, WAIT for the answers. Embrace them. Cultivate them. Be found worthy of being entrusted with them. How pleasing it would be to hear when it is all over, “Well done, you upright (honorable, admirable) and faithful servant!”
I have multiple things the Lord has asked me to do. I know you do too. To be faithful with those things honor Him. I fail but I try my best. As TobyMac sings, “It’s never too late to get back up again.” Anne of Green Gables says, “Today is a new day with no mistakes in it.” Or one of my favorite quotes is, “Don’t look back, you aren’t going in that direction.”
It’s a new year soon. Ask Him what is my purpose?
For me, personally……I’m fighting the good fight. I’m not giving up. I feel like I’m just beginning. He’s got good plans for me. I’m rising up to the challenge. I feel like Rocky Balboa in training and getting ready for the biggest fight of my life.
Move on…..GO for it. Inspect. Start something new. BEGIN.

Amen sister! :)
ReplyDeleteAmen.
ReplyDelete